Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Sunday 27 September 2015

Not for the faint hearted.....

Or so the guide book said about today's ride around Grizedale in the Lakes. Mentally the ride I'd planned couldn't fail to be great fun for us, admittedly I knew it was very hilly, with a few challenging sections but what could go wrong.....

Abi's face says it all...


I guess my brain had blanked out how tough the first section was, and it quickly became clear that Abi was not enjoying herself. I can't really blame her as it did feel like a proper downhill course with massive rocks, roots and holes to dodge, all wet and slippery naturally.


Coniston Water
There was talk of going back to the car, or waiting at the Grizedale visitor centre, but luckily the ride improved in character, helped immensely by the views of Coniston water once we got to the stunning Parkamoor section. There was still the odd swear word and comment such as "my knee's have gone to jelly", not through tiredness, but fear......



Today I wasn't fully able to embrace my love of stopping to take pictures, as I don't think this would have gone down too well, asking the team to re-ride certain rocky sections would have probably ended with being hit or worse, the focus was more directed towards moving on and getting to the finish! Luckily all of us had a smile on our faces by the end, possibly for different reasons!

More rocks...


No comments:

Post a Comment