Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Tuesday 8 September 2015

End of the summer.........?

Some would argue that it hasn't been much of a summer weather wise in the UK, but I seem to have got stuff done  so all is okay with me.

Setting off, where's the forecast heavy cloud...?

Abi storming off on the first big climb

Dreamy descent and scenery
It feels very transitional at the moment, with days shortening, vibrant rowan berries and cooler mornings - heading in to Autumn. I love the change of seasons and can't wait for the tree's to slowly change and the first frost (as I write this I have just noticed that its meant to be 20 degrees in a couple of days time!).

Ab shredding....

Hill of Doom comes into view

knuckle down for the climb
I needed to get out on the bike again with the Coed y Brenin Enduro fast approaching so took the troops (Abi and Steve) up to the North Lakes for a route around Skiddaw that I think of as 'Skiddaw Lite', mainly because its 10km shorter than the normal loop but still packs a lot in.


Belted Galloways looking like models

Abi adrift in a sea of heather
The weather was better than predicted too, showcasing the spectacular colours of the ling heather in bloom, an added bonus to this ride which I'd not considered beforehand...

Skiddaw topped with cloud (sorry picture washed out a little!)


Steve flew down here (to get to a BBQ we think!)


The ride went well, even the Hill of Doom up to Skiddaw House was a pleasure to push up! And I've never known the 10km descent back to Mosedale to be so dry as it was today. Fantastic flowing single track for mile after mile really put a grin on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment