Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Sunday 16 August 2015

Gungho Chicken hits the trails

You'll be glad to know that the outside tap is finally fixed, which means that I can mountain bike again! This may not make sense to all, but as I explained to Kev, with no outside tap I can't clean the bike, so there was no point. I used this excuse for a while and have enjoyed some great climbing because of it.


Wait for me.....

Quiet walled lane 
So as stated the tap is fixed, and we headed out on the bikes today with Rachael. We did a hilly route around Kirkby Lonsdale and Brownthwaite Fell. Its a great route with one big hill in the middle! Its a varied ride with some interesting sections such as a long walled track that has Andy Goldsworthy art installations along its length (big stones surrounded by dry stone walls - tis art!).

Rachael having a little walk with her bike..

Views over the Lune valley and beyond


I also took the opportunity to take out my new camera complete with zoom lens. It was fun to play with and I'm really pleased with the results. How did I manage without a zoom lens before now I ponder!?





Part way round the loop Abi shouted 'I'm gungho chicken, coming through' as she sped past us. She certainly demonstrated both of these very different attributes on today's ride. Hence forth this shall be her name.....

Beautiful ancient ash tree

speedy

even speedier....

No comments:

Post a Comment