Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Sunday 19 July 2015

The delightful Duddon Valley!

Sue's visit from the Auvergne coincided with a wedding in the village and the arrival of nice sunny weather (after a forecast of tres pluie)! Sue was also kind enough to bring lots of wine, which always goes down well.

Walking up the old 'Parsons Road'

Lots of small beautiful tarns
Today we headed to the Duddon Valley in the Lake District and had a very enjoyable promenade around the low fells. The weather was great, and views extensive.


On the way home we called in at the Boothes in Ulverston and I nearly ended up in a fight with 2 'older ladies' over a loaf of bread - I didn't realise the danger.

I spy.....
I spied a 'loaf' of rustic olive bread that I thought would be just the thing to have with our Tuscan sausage casserole, I picked it up..... big mistake and then noticed lots of women surrounding the bread display waiting for all of the items to be reduced.

Herdwick's gathered for shearing
Unbeknown to me if you touch or pick up an item then IT WILL NOT GET REDUCED - as a local informed me whilst scowling at me from across the iced buns! I waited for the melee to die down and put in my move, finally getting the olive loaf which to be honest I would happily have paid full price for!

2 comments:

  1. And I always thought Booths was so genteel (the Waitrose of the North as I like to think of it)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It normally is! Interestingly at the tills I saw the 2 forthright 'ladies' (term used loosely!) arguing over the price of their reduced petit baguettes - its the small things that amuse... Hope you are well Mark. Looking forward to you getting time to update your blog with lots of adventures I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete