Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Sunday 10 May 2015

Blowing a gale at Bamford Edge

The weather forecast was a tad squally this weekend, but Sunday looked to be nice and dry in the Peak District so I headed over with Ben on Sunday. We decided to check out Bamford Edge as we hoped it would be quieter than Stanage. It wasn't too busy, we should had to avoid a massive Uni climbing meet.

Sheltering from the wind admiring the views
It was pretty cold and windy most all day, at times we nearly got blown off the routes! But well worth it with great rock and a beautiful setting with views over looking the Lady Bower reservoir.

We climbed 7 routes, I particularly enjoyed Wrinkled Wall (VS, 4c), Bilberry Crack - a technical corner crack (VS, 5a), Quien Sabe (VS, 4c) - which I was enjoying until on the crux and someone rather loudly fell off another nearby route which slightly unsettled me (!) and the best route of all was Curving Crack (VS, 4c), which was a tough battle for the grade and I left a sample of my DNA (skin) behind on it!

Me on Wrinkled Wall

Looking unsuccessfully for more gear/protection
And I found some more crack booty, this time a nut key, in much better condition than mine! Two trips to the Peak, 2 pieces of gear. Great to be on the gritstone again.
My 'chewed' hand after Curving Crack


No comments:

Post a Comment