Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Thursday 22 January 2015

Mini ski tour in the Pennines

I made the most of today's great weather by going in search of snow. Rightly or wrongly I dismissed the Lakes because it looked quite scoured and I didn't want to trash my ski's on rocks just yet!!


Love the rime on the fence
Instead I headed North to the Pennines near Alston and started my mess around at Yad Moss, which has a ski tow and piste (I use this term loosely). Not sure if I appeared on their web cam or not.



I'd known that the ski tow wasn't running today so I had the place to myself. I skinned up, toured around on the top and made 5-6 runs down various 'interesting' slopes.




It was just what the doctor ordered and I spent the time learning the intricacies of using skins (man the glue is sticky and a pain when it sticks to your fleece!), kick turns, and how not to ski in powdery grassy terrain. It was sunny all day and I really enjoyed it. Lets hope there is more snow to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment