Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Sunday 14 September 2014

The Yorkshire 3 peaks

Last chance for training before the Tour de Ben Nevis race so thought I'd get up early and try and get in a 65km ride in the Yorkshire Dales. I headed North from Ingleton to Ribbleshead before heading over the Cam High Road towards Dentdale and looping back on the Pennine Bridleway passing over the tops to Austwick before finally dropping into Clapham through the tunnels and the final road section home.

Ingleborough (just before being chased by cows!)
Whernside
 It was nice being out early before most and I saw lots of wildlife as I cycled through the hazy cool morning. Bizarrely I got chased by cows twice and I saw a red squirrel high up on the moor which must have been at least a mile from the nearest tree. That's that then, the last big(ish) ride before the pain next weekend!

Ribblehead Viaduct

Pen y Ghent (in the mist/background)

Have I really burnt 2297 cal, thats a lot of cake to eat now

No comments:

Post a Comment