Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Sunday 3 August 2014

Back on the Grit (stone!)....

Originally I was hoping to get out on a long mountain bike ride on Sunday with Steve, but after getting caught in a thunder and lightning storm on a short bike ride on the Saturday, with an equally poor forecast for Sunday a rethink was in order....

Ben on Trapeze Direct VS 4C
The weather looked great in the Peak District so I headed to Froggatt Edge for a days climbing with Ben. I've not climbed on gritstone for over a year and not been to Froggatt for ages so it was great to get back. 

Terrace Crack VS 4B


We managed to climb 8 routes between HS and HVS today, which was pretty good. Although short routes, I'd forgotten how tiring grit can be, and my arms and shoulders feel like they have had a great workout after today.  

Tody's Wall, at full stretch, if only I was an inch taller...

The hard bit (I'm telling myself its just like hopping over a wall!)

The fine upper crack of Tody's Wall
Me top roping the same route in 1995 (My early years learning to climb)!!!!

All of the routes were fun, but my highlight was Tody's Wall, a great HVS 5a that requires commitment to get over the lip (it took me awhile!). The weather forecast was also on the ball, being sunny all day and at times a little too hot. Gritstone rules.....

No comments:

Post a Comment