Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Monday 26 May 2014

Skiddaw Lite

It wasn't planned this way but I've come to the realisation that 2014 is the year of the bike for me. Usually I would switch more to climbing in spring, but this year I'm still loving the mt biking. Also I seem to have entered a 70km race in Scotland (wine was involved in the decision making process), so need to get fitter and maintain it! 

Oh I wondered where I was....


Today I decided to head to the Northern Lakes for a ride. Initially I considered a great 45 km loop that I've done a few times, but feeling distinctly unfit I opted for a shortened version. It starts at Mosedale and takes in a counter clockwise loop North of High Pike, Longlands Fell and Great Cockup (great name!) before heading up the final brutal climb to Mordor (Skiddaw House - YHA). 

Lovely flora at the mo


This climbs a horror, mainly because it should be rideable, but because you see it in its entirety snaking ever upwards into the next climatic zone and you've already cycled 25km it psyche's you (well me) out. 

Nice lunch spot

Clouds forming over Mt Doom

Climb to Mordor....
Overall its a fairly fast route, on and off road and I think 35km with roughly a 1000m of ascent, but today I felt boned (tired) after it. I did enjoy it immensely..... but I couldn't help constantly thinking that its half the distance and ascent of the 'fun' event I've entered later in the year - oh boy.....!

No comments:

Post a Comment