Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Sunday 30 March 2014

7 Stanes - Mabie Forest

Sometimes it bugs me when people say 'I nearly came to visit...' or ' I nearly bought you.....', well this weekend I nearly went to Scotland to hit the hills and ski. There's plenty of snow up North but the weekend forecast wasn't great, with warm temperatures and gale force winds. What to do......

I didn't go, thinking will I regret the decision, but looking at some Scottish ski webcams, I'm happy with my choice. Instead on Saturday I had 3 hours in the giant fridge at Manchester (Chill Factore) and tried out my ski's. They were great....

Perfectly packed car... 3 bike frames, 6 wheels and 3 people!
Judith hitting the board walks..
Sunday's plan was to mountain bike North of the border so I met with Shaw and Judith and we crammed 3 bikes into Judith's car and zoomed North...... unfortunately we had to nip back to my car (at Crooklands) as some fool (me) had left his rear axle in the car (sorry)!

Bike adjustment number 1!!!

Shaw on the berms

Wait for me....
On the way up Shaw texted Loz just to check and get permission to cross the border into Scotland (well it won't be long until the separation/border controls go in - whens the vote...?), but alas no reply, so unsure of our legal status we 'snook' across the border and headed to Mabie, one of the 7-Stanes bike trails I've not yet visited.

Speed demon


We did the great red route, and it was rather good. Great weather, great trail and Shaw was very patient with my camera stops - although I may have to see if he comes biking with me again!? He was super quick too on his new bike.


This man means business

Oh yeah.........
Judith's want for a post ride cup of tea was an excellent idea and we ended up at a open farm/cafe that did very good cakes. Shaw wanted a go on the bouncy castle but we managed to distract him and head off home.... Great day guys.
now will they all go back in?

The picture says it all (I think)

Nice cup of tea to finish the day

No comments:

Post a Comment