Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Charity begins at home...

I really want to get my own ski kit so that I can ski in the UK (and abroad). If you don't have your own stuff you simply can't ski in the Lakes as no one hires equipment. Its a big expense to set your self up, but oh well. So I have bought some touring boots from Backcountry UK - great shop that took 2 hours to fit boots to my hobbit feet! I'm also keeping an eye on ebay and a German website that has some very good deals on skis at the moment.

I didn't really want orange, but no colour choice sadly
They say Charity begins at home, so I thought that I would test this out (in a broad sense) and put my 'piggy' bank outside to allow the generous people of Dolphinholme to support my selfish quest.


Dolphinholme was quiet today, but I did find 20p in the money pig at the end of the day. Hey it all helps.



2 comments:

  1. I got my skis from a skip outside a hire shop in France. They aren't however very good although the colour scheme is 'retro chic'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything goes full cycle, so they will be cool soon... I didn't think to look in skips for my ski's!! Hoping to get out on my ski's this weekend. Look at the Lakes District ski club website sometime! Next winter it will be my new best friend - if we have snow!

    ReplyDelete