Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Sunday 10 November 2013

Back in the saddle......

After a brief period of hibernation I headed out today mountain biking in the Yorkshire Dales with Steve. It was beautiful weather, maybe a little chilly when we set off (-1), but soon became nice and warm in the sun.

An icy start to the day. Whernside with a dusting of snow
It may look flat but this is a long climb from the viaduct!
 Steve wanted to ride the whole 'Tour d'Ingleborough', but I didn't have that in my legs so we used a car shuttle to cut out a section and rode the brilliant section from the Ribblehead viaduct round to Clapham, and back to a hot drink at Steve's house in Ingleton 17 miles later!

Over the new (ish) bridge on the Pennine Bridleway


3 comments:

  1. I am still enjoying your blog Simon! Looks like you had nice weather in the Dales. I am up this way next year for my third Fellsman ... always seems a good idea from the safety of southern England!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mark,
      Thanks. Due to an annoying foot/heel injury I've not had much to blog about of late! If you want to meet up for a pint or need somewhere to stay for the Fellsman get in touch nearer the time.

      Delete
    2. Very kind, I'll give you shout nearer the time (its end of April next year). I love the Fellsman but it's hard! Am in Lakes next summer for Lakeland 100 as well (completed 1 of those and DNF'd as well).

      Delete