Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Sunday 6 October 2013

Night ride - Austwick

I arranged to meet Steve this weekend for a mountain bike ride, initially we were going to go out in the day, but when Steve suggested a night ride and a chance to try his new bike lights how could I not.

By day Steve is a product designer, designing 'bits' for cars, all too technical for me to understand! Over the last 3 winters he has been tinkering in his garden shed in Ingleton designing and making bike lights. Last winter I tried an earlier model and it was amazingly bright when we went on a unforgettable ride in the snow ( snowy ride ).

Getting ready to go

There goes the super nova
I'd not kept track with quite how far he had got with the lights, but am very impressed that they are now available for sale. I love the name of the company 3Peakslite, and the names of the 3 lights available, the Ingle-Beam (brightest), Whern-Star (middle) and Pen-Y-Nova (entry level) - clever Steve ;-). I knew that even the entry level, lowest output light would be super bright so opted to try this on the ride.

Walking the bridge, don't want to fall in the river tonight

Spooky bridleways
We headed out from Austwick in the Yorkshire Dales because this area is crisscrossed with loads of walled lanes, and makes for interesting, sheltered and exciting night riding. We rode for a couple of hours and it was such good fun, the lights were amazing, I'm sure Steve's were brighter than a car headlights on full beam. It was great fun trying to get some night pictures as well, something I'm rubbish at, but want to work on, so thanks for being patient Steve.

Being chased by the Whern-Star

Phew, only Steve!
I really hope someone buys these lights as well, they are amazing, and I'm still really impressed that he has developed these at home in the shed - well done. Going to put one on my Christmas list for sure. Have a look at 3peakslite.

No comments:

Post a Comment