Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Saturday 26 January 2013

Snow + Bike + Night = Big Fun......

Shhh, don't tell anyone but I think I was in Narnia last night! I don't remember a wardrobe or lion, but other than that I'm sure I was there for a couple of hours of magic!

In Narnia (on a bike) - very happy bikers!

Steve's idea was a night ride in the Yorkshire Dales last night. I admit to being dubious when looking out of the window at the snow - worries of even getting there and then trying to cycle did enter my mind! But Steve persuaded me, and he was lending me a super bright bike light to try out (he's a product designer and is working on his own brand of super bright bike lights to market/sell!!)

Setting of down the walled bridleways

Careful with the speed Steve!
It was an exciting drive to our meeting spot at Austwick, with very snowy roads, I was glad of the winter tyres on the front of the car!

What devilry follow's me? Is it the ice queen of Narnia, or her minions?
No - just Steve with his mark/version 5 bike light! Brighter than car headlights


The ride was incredible, its hard to explain, or describe it fully, but it was a magical experience. Firstly  biking along wallled bridleways in fresh untracked powder snow, lit up in a bubble of super bright light! This was followed by snowed in roads.






This way I think

Wait for me.......
The section trying to follow bridleways across open ground in a blizzard was particularly memorable. Good job we knew the area well. We didn't see anyone else - not sure why! It really was the most fun I've had for a very very long time - thanks Steve!

No comments:

Post a Comment