Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Sunday 27 January 2013

Saint Simon!

Well clearly this isn't me, but Abi came back from Staffordshire with an amazing present for me from Chris and Parge. A 19th century stained glass pane of Saint Simon!! Bought at auction and restored, not sure where it originated but 'we' think it's English from a ?demolished Church.




You may be interested to note the following when I googled Saint Simon the Zealot (zealot, hmm is that me???!!!):

"he the apostle called Simon Zelotes, Simon the Zealot, in Luke 6:15 and Acts 1:13; and Simon Kananaios or Simon Cananeus ("Simon" signifying שמעון "hearkening; listening", Standard Hebrew Šimʿon, Tiberian Hebrew Šimʿôn), was one of the most obscure among the apostles of Jesus. Little is recorded of him aside from his name" 

Thanks Chris and Parge - A truly amazing present - lets hope it doesn't go to my head!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment